Submissions Open February
Northern Territory authors with books published in 2016 & 2017 are eligible to enter the Territory Read Book of the Year Awards.
Since 2009, the awards have created an opportunity to celebrate excellence amongst published authors from the NT. They also draw national attention to NT writers and in the past have served to raise the profile of remote, regional and Indigenous authors. The awards take place biennially and this year we are again pleased to open three categories.
Submissions are sought for the following awards:
Territory Read Book of the Year
For a published book across all genres by an NT author.
For a prose work other than a work of fiction. Includes biography, auto-biography, memoir, creative non-fiction, history, philosophy and literary criticism by an NT author.
Best Children’s or Young Adult
For a published book in either genre by an NT author.
Submissions open 1 February–10 March 2018. Shortlisted authors will be announced at Wordstorm Darwin, 24-27 May. Winners will be announced in July 2018.
2018 Judges and total prize money to be announced.
Thanks to our supporters, The Chief Minister of the Northern Territory, the Copyright Agency Cultural Fund, the Northern Territory Government, the Australia Council for the Arts and the Northern Territory Library.
- Submissions open 1 February to 10 March 2018. Mail submissions received after this date should be postmarked by the closing deadline.
- All entries must have been published between 01 Jan 2016 and 31 Dec 2017.
- All authors must be current residents or born in the Northern Territory.
- Entry fee is $50 per nominated title. Free for NTWC members. Payment can be made on our website or over the phone at 08 8941 2651.
- Two copies of the book must be mailed to PO Box 4080, Alice Springs NT. They may also be dropped at Frog Hollow Centre for the Arts, 56 McMinn St or 67 Bath St, Alice Springs. Where an ebook is available, please provide a link in place of hardcopies. All books should be postmarked by the closing deadline. Books can be collected at the conclusion of the awards. Otherwise they will be treated as donations. Reasonable care will be taken with works submitted, but no responsibility is accepted for loss or damage of submitted material.
- We unfortunately don’t accept anthologies.
- To be eligible, self-published works must be independently reviewed and publicly available for sale.
- Categories will be awarded at judges discretion. If insufficient entries are received, judges may elect not to award a category.
- Titles may be submitted to multiple categories.
- Entry is $50 per title nominated, free for NT Writers’ Centre Members.
Book of the month
writing and drawings from the Centre
for the dry countryBuy Now